My Thoughts on Mommyhood

Monday, February 24, 2014


Well, I've been a mommy for 3 weeks now so I'm pretty sure that makes me an expert, right?!? I kid, I kid... But, in all seriousness I'm loving being a new mommy.  I had no doubt that I would love it.  I'm not going to lie though, I was little nervous.  You see, I adore my sleep and sometimes I've been known to be selfish.  Yes, it's hard to believe, but oh so true.  Just ask Ben.  And let's not forget the weeks up until the baby comes when everyone decides to spew every terrible newborn story at you and constantly make comments like, "better enjoy your sleep now" and "yep, won't be able to do that once the baby comes". Seriously though people, yes it's hard, but what about the insane joy that mommyhood brings?!? Why not focus on that?

Is it hard? Absolutely!  When little love cries for the thousandth time in the middle of the night and I have a raging sinus infection and I've already called on my lifeline husband (who has to work in the morning) too many times... Yes that's tough.  But then I rub my eyes and slowly crawl out of bed and I look over the edge of the crib my heart. just. melts.  And I scoop up the most precious gift ever, as she screams like she hasn't been fed for days, and we do that over. And over. And over... Until I finally decide its waaaayyy past socially acceptable to be in bed and so we make our way in to the living room to "start" our day.

This precious girl is such a sweet gift and I can't even begin to tell you how becoming her mommy has grown me in my relationship with the Lord.  I'm overwhelmed by His faithfulness in her adoption story.  I'm overwhelmed by His goodness and grace that He would choose Ben and I, two incredibly messed up sinners, to raise her.  I'm overwhelmed because I'm sleep deprived and need Him to get me through the day.  I'm overwhelmed as I address birth announcements to the almost 200 people who made it possible for her to be ours... When I look into her big beautiful dark eyes, I'm simply overwhelmed in the best way possible.

So, yes, I'm loving mommyhood!  It's my favorite job yet!

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
2 Comments »

This entry was posted on Monday, February 24, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “My Thoughts on Mommyhood ”

Miranda O'Brien said...

My heart MELTED when I received the birth announcement in the mail. Thank you <3

Leah said...

So glad you liked it! Thanks again!!