Adjusting to Life as a Working Momma

Wednesday, March 26, 2014


It’s been quiet over here on my little corner of the internet.
It’s not that I haven’t wanted to blog, I have. 
I have a lot on my heart right now.
Ben and I are dreaming up some big dreams for our little family.
And our sweet baby girl is getting cuter by the minute.
I’m hoping to get it all up on this little ole blog.
But, time is not something I have much of lately
I started back to work on the 17th.
I had dreaded that date since the day little love was born. 
Not because I hate my job, I actually really enjoy it.  
But, because I knew leaving her would be hard.
Home with her is where I would rather be. 
And adjusting to life as a working mom has been really tough.
Most days I feel like I am running off fumes.
And there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get “things” done.
I’m slowly learning to let the unimportant things go.  
It’s ok if the clean laundry sits in the dryer all week.
It’s ok if the tumble weeds of dog hair consume my wood floors.
It’s ok to eat cereal for dinner.
It’s ok to come home and take a long nap with Haven.
It’s going to take some time to figure out our new normal.
And through it all God continues peeling away layers of my heart, showing me what is truly important and teaching me to rely fully on Him.  

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.